[WT-support] CW Messages

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Jun 27 01:04:50 CEST 2005

Hi Raymond

Sorry for late answering but we were at F'Hafen hamfest this week-end...

> Using winkey incorporated in microham keyer.
> In the cw messages the message in F5 $LOGGEDCALL does
> not send the current call that you have typed in on
> its own it starts to send the first character then
> stops unless you hit F2 for the report .

I'm not sure I got what you want, and if there is a problem or not...

Let's assume you hear FY5KE. The usual sequence is :

- You enter the callsign
- You hit the Insert key
- WT will transmit the callsign and report

If you decode faster than type (like many ops), you can :

- Start entering the callsign (let's say FY5)
- Hit Insert
- WT starts transmitting the callsign
- You can enter the rest of the callsign (KE)
- WT will continue to send the letters on the fly. We call it "type ahead".

I don't have a microKeyer handy, so I can't confirm there is a problem
or not with that. Please, give us some days to check it.

 > If you hit F5 with no current call in yes it sends the
 > last logged call

This is the normal behaviour. This way, even after validating a QSO, you
can resend your report to the station you've just work if it needs it again.