[WT-support] dxnET INTERLINK NO WORK....

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sun Jun 12 10:04:57 CEST 2005

Hi Franck

Francesco Giacoia, IZ7AUH a écrit :

> I have some problem to wiev on WT a DX Spot of DXNet, I set up a IP
> addres (same on thogethet program WT & DXNet) byt I have this error on
> button “ * Packet stream timed out *” Why?

Here's a short guide :

WtDxTelnet configuration :

- Start WtDxTelnet, which is located in the Win-Test directory (by default).
- Options / DxCluster : Set the host address, login, password of your
favorite DX Cluster etc... (The usual port for telnet is 23 but it can
vary with the DX cluster used).
- Options / Win-Test network :

If you're using WT and WtDxCluster on the same machine (usual case for a
signle-op) and have no other networked WT machines, use the
127.255.255.255 IP broadcast address (and use the 9871 default port).

If you're using WT and WtDxCluster on different machines (for a multi-op
networked effort for example), you must provide a broadcast IP
address which covers all the networked machines. This way, only one
external (secured) connection to the Internet is enough to get and send
DX data from all connected machines.

Check that you can then connect to your favorite cluster
(DxCluster/Connect) with WtDxTelnet.

Now, in the WT interface dialog (Options / Interfaces), you must set the
same IP broadcast address and port number than above. You must also
enable the Ethernet network, even if you only have one computer.

Once a contest file opened, the Alt-O monitors the packet flow, Alt-A
displays spots (use the contextual menu to set options), Alt-T sends
data to the cluster, and Solar window displays solar indexes charts
(once WWV and/or WCY data came in).

You can minimize (iconify ?) the wtDxCluster window if you wish, but it
must run !