[WT-support] WT & THF Contest

Noel Chenavard nc at lem.com
Thu Jun 9 18:44:08 CEST 2005

We had a good experience last week-end using WT as multi-multi during
the French THF contest, with 4 networked laptops, and had no problem
despite HF environment and poor "field day" power supply conditions.

We just had one issue on 432, in the middle of the contest, the qso
number changed from 65 to 40.
As we also changed the operator, nobody could notice...
I can't say if it's a human or software error.

However, we have some request:
* When using locators, WT display first azimuth , then distance.
In the beginning of the contest, it's difficult to remind what is what,
so just adding a title like AZ & KM somewhere would be fine.

* Database
We plan to build a THF database with locators and band activated, so we
would appreciate if WT could read this information
and display in F9, so we can ask for QSY on higher bands.

* Check partial
When hitting a locator(or partial) in the locator field , without any
call, we would like to see all callsign active in this locator in the
Check Partial window.

That's all for today ;-)
Thanks
73 - noel f6bgc