[WT-support] Countries

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Jul 20 18:21:25 CEST 2005

Hi Ed !

Ed Taylor, G3SQX a écrit :

> Has anyone else discovered this anomaly? --

It's not a bug, it's a feature... (TM) (C)

> Using WT 2.18.3, I select the RSGB IOTA contest, and display the "Check
> Multiplier" window.  If I enter the callsign IT9XXX, the country is
> shown as "European Italy".  If I change to a CQWW contest file, the
> country for IT9XXX is correctly shown as "Sicily".  Any thoughts?

The CQWW countries list is somewhat different than the DXCC countries list.

The CQWW commitee does count as 'separate countries' :

Vienna Intl Ctr:    4U1V
Shetlands:          GM/s
African Italy:      IG9
Sicily:             IT9
Bear I.:            JW/b
Turkey (Europe):    TA1

Some other contests also relies on this CQWW list.