[WT-support] WAEDC QTC receiving EUside

Bob I.2.WIJ i2wij at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 15:25:11 CEST 2005

Hi all,

since the WAEDC is approaching also the EU side need
some testing!

Here what I found, after a quick test,
that should be improved:

1) when you work a new station the display
* QTC OK: 10 *
for me is misleading!
I interpret this as I ALREADY HAD all my 10 QTC!
I suggest just to write * QTC : # more*  where
the # is the number of qtc I still need!
and remove the "OK".

2) when you meet a DUPE, the DUPE info is ok but
still is even more important the number of QTC
still missing; usually you work DUPEs just for QTCs!
(simply add the same as before after the DUPE info)
This is OK when you work the same station again on a
new band, it says new prefix and the QTC: #
with the same meaning as before

3) within ALT-L window
I suggest a different usage of function keys
F1, F2 ok right now
then
F5 TIME?
F6 CL?
F7 NR?
F8 AGN (for the whole qtc)

F9 QSL + gr/nr
(send qsl followed by the gr/nr of the qtc group)

CR is OK
+  is OK

4) ALT-L window
based on the nr of the gr/nr colour of light green
the background of the corrsponding nr of qtc to
be received. This is valuable when you are tired and
you need to see when it is the last one specially
if the group is not of 10 qtc but 5 or 6 or 7...

5)when you meet a new station and all qtc are received
still display * QTC : 0  more *

73
Bob, I2WIJ