[WT-support] QTC sending in WAE-mode and other WAE topics

f6ify f6ify at free.fr
Sat Jul 16 11:43:41 CEST 2005

> Hi again Chris,
>
> > I tested it again, now it works, I don't know what happened...
>
> Ok. Probably the QTC were not well validated.
>
> >> You must decide how much QTC you want to send just after
> you pressed
> >> CTRL+L: a dialog window let you choose if you want to send
> 1, 2,...
> >> CTRL+or
> >> 10 QTC (if there is enough available).
> >
> > Sometimes I cannot decide before. I hab sometimes the
> situation in 9Y4
> > in 2003 when I opened a 10-series QTC window, but due to decreasing
> > signal I only was able to give 5 QTCs. So it would be good
> to say the
> > programm only 5 QTCs were given out.
>
> Ok, but tell me if I'm wrong: don't you have to send a "QTC
> series" (QTC 3/10 for example) *before* you start to send the
> QTCs? If so, how can you transmit, say, only 5 QTC if you
> sent before a QTC series of 10?
>
>From receiving part: in CW/SSB each QTC is validated after it is sent, so if
I received only 5 QTCs (with my T or R after) and the sixth vanish in QSB
and the series was xx/10 I corrected xx/5 and try later with this station
with the hope he will send me xx+y/5 new QTCs group, is this correct from
the corrector point of view?

It is different in RTTY because all QTCs is sent, we ask repeat 2 or 6
etc... And we acknowledged all the QTC group, if the sixth and others vanish
in QSB I erased all the group. I will ask later a new group of 10.

> > An idea: There are checkboxes at the left of each QTCs. By
> default all
> > QTCs are checked. Now if it happens that you don't give
> out all QTCs
> > you can check out the QTCs you haven't sent by a certain key on the
> > keyboard.

Is this possible to just escape this group, and validate a new group with 5
QTCs only for this station?

> I'm afraid this can be very confusing but I'm not familiar
> enough with this contest. It must be discussed here by the
> usual participants!

My favorite contest! WAE CW/RTTY
I avoid to ask QTCs if I am not confident with the strength of the signal (I
will ask later). But I want JA, VK and ZL QTCs so the risk must be
evaluated.

> 73,
> --
> Olivier / f5mzn

See you in August during WAE CW with F6KAR M/S or F6IFY ABSO (if Nick is
lost in EU158).
Olivier and/or Larry, if you want to have a try, please come at CERN with
Nick and I.
WAE rules is really well done for M/S.
--
73 - philippe F6IFY
P.S.: Last year I used Win-test (CW) without major problem.