[WT-support] No Frequency Control with Win-Test with EZMaster and Orion and ICOM 756PROII

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sun Feb 6 11:31:27 CET 2005

Hi Barry,

> Does anyone have frequency control for either the Orion or ICom 756PROII
> with EZMaster, using Win-Test Beta 2.6.0 Beta?
>
> I am able to enable WinKey and can switch Radios and Send CW, but no rig control.
>
> Using the single USB cable between the Notebook and EZMaster.
> EZMaster in Extended Mode.
> Have Orion as Radio A, connected to RS-232 on EZMaster.
> Have Icom 756PROII as Radio B, connected to CAT-B on EZMaster.
> In EZMaster Console, I set Radio A to RS-232, Radio B to USB.
> In Win-Test Configuration for EZMASTER, I set
>  Enable Win-Key
>  Enable Radio 1
>     Orion       RadioA    19200
>  Enable Radio 2
>     IC756PROII  Radio B   19200

It is not necessary to configure anything with the EZMaster console, all
is done by Win-Test itself when the program starts (or after you changed
the settings in the "EZMaster property" windows of WT).

You are probably the first one who are testing the Tentec Orion in real
situation. I only tested it here with a simulator but not with a real
radio. Maybe there is something wrong in Win-Test, but if you agree we
can work together to get it fixed. A good starting point would be, as
Larry said in a previous mail, to try the radio with a direct connection
to the computer (not through the EZMaster). Please tell us if it works
better that way.

Regarding the Icom radio, you should try to disable the "CI-V" mode in
the radio menu if it is not already the case. That should be enough to
get it working with Win-Test.

Hope this helps,

Olivier / f5mzn