[WT-support] scenarios

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sat Dec 3 13:41:54 CET 2005

Hola Jorge,

> Hi, I would like to know how to use the scenarios and what can I do with
> it, will you please let me know where can I found a manual to help me? 73,s

The macros used with the scenarios are described shortly in the release
file. There is no more information available on that topic, but it is
not too difficult to understand how it works whith the help of the
predefined scenarios. Rememner to use the right ALT+F1/F2.../INS/+...
keys to modify the content of each messages.

Here are some intersting parts extracted from the release file:

- Added new shortcut aliases:
   old             new
   --------------- ---------------
   CTRL+BACKSPACE  SHIFT+BACKSPACE
   CTRL+DELETE     SHIFT+BACKSPACE
   SHIFT+F1...F7   ALTGR+F1...F7
   SHIFT+INSERT    ALTGR+INSERT
   SHIFT+PLUS      ALTGR+PLUS
   ALTGR+INSERT    ALTGR+F2 (in phone only)
   ALTGR+PLUS      ALTGR+F3 (in phone only)
   INSERT          F2 (in phone only)
   PLUS            F3 + <return> (in phone only)

- Added the new window "secondary radio", which allows when operating
   SO2R to log the QSO of the second radio without disturbing
   the run.

- The shift key can be used to bind every relevant keyboard entries
   into the "secondary radio". This feature can be enabled or disabled
   in the "Operating" menu (see below).
   The following entries are concerned:
     - letters and digits
	- SPACE, TAB, and editing keys (left and right arrows, delete,
	  backspace, ...)
	- F1...F7, INSERT, PLUS
	- ALT+F1, ALT+F2 (band change)
	- CTRL+F1, CTRL+F2 (mode change)

- Automatic CQ repeat mode supported for primary and secondary
   radio. The EZMaster internal voice keyer is also supported in
   repeat mode.

- Added CW variables $R1R1, $R1R2, $R2R2 which can be entered in the
   predefined CW messages to set the headphone at any moment of
   the transmission.

   $RxRy means: Left ear = Radio(x) and right ear = Radio(y).

- New menu "Operating":

   - "Listen primary radio". Useful to focus the attention to the run
      frequency whereas one was listening the audio split mode.

   - The "Technique" menu lets the operator choose between "SO1R / MultiOp",
     "SO2R" and "advanced SO2R". The other features in this menu will be
	only available according to the selected operating technique.

	  - "SO1R / MultiOp" is for the operators who don't have a SO2R
	    interface

	  - "SO2R" is for the operators who have an external SO2R interface
	    which does not handle audio control by the software.

	  - "SO2R advanced" is for the operators who have connected a
	    next generation SO2R interface which handles full audio
		control by the software, like the EZMaster of
		Hamradiosolutions.

   - The "Modify scenarios" menu entry is reserved for the "SO2R avanced"
     technique, where the operator will define the SO2R behaviours in
	the different scenarios, like "plain pile up", "heavy pile up",
	"alternate CQ", ...

   - The "Shift binds to the secondary radio" menu entry can be
     selected if the operator wants to redirect automatically into
	the "Second radio" window each entered keys if the shift key
	is pressed at the same time.

   - The content of the popup menu "Commands | SO2R" moved into the
     Operating menu. The menu captions also changed a bit (the term
	"non active radio" becomes "secondary radio").

- Any manual change in the audio control setting by the operator will
   stop WT to take control of the audio. This "manual" mode can be
   canceled with the new CW variable "$RESET", or using the menu
   "Operating | Revert to automatic control"

- Any manual change in the audio control settings by the
   operator (pressing AltGR+A, AltGr+T, ...) will stop WT to
   take the automatic control of the audio. This "manual" mode can
   be canceled in the menu "Operating | Revert to automatic control"
   menu or by pressing AltGr+R. It can also be canceled with the
   new $RESET variable in a morse message.

- Added CW variables: $ALTERNATECQ, $CQ, $TR1, $TR2,
   $MSG1...$MSG12

     - $ALTERNATECQ (or $ACQ): to be used at the end of a CW
	  message in the scenarios to swap primary and
	  secondary radios and send CQ on the secondary radio.
	  The "Alternate CQ" mode automatically stops if the
	  operator logged something on the keyboard. This can be
	  initialized either with AltGR+R or with the variable
	  $RESET.

	- $CQ: same as $ALTERNATECQ but does not swap radios.
	  Usually used at the end of the "TU" message in a
	  "alternate CQ" mode to send CQ on the seconday radio.

	- $TR1: switch to the primary radio during transmission
	  (hot switch). WT takes care of stopping transmission
	  on the secondary radio before switching to the primary
	  one.

	- $TR2: same as $TR1 but for secondary radio.

	- $MSG1...$MSG12: additionnal morse messages (see Alt+C)

	- Aborting a transmitting message with ESC reverts the
	  headphone configuration in its original configuration.

- AltGR+1...8 can be use to select the active scenario.

Olivier / f5mzn