[WT-support] Not Valid QSO

HRS I4UFH i4ufh at hamradiosolutions.com
Sat Aug 20 21:59:12 CEST 2005

> I don't think it would be a good idea to filter the Cabrillo output
> for invalid QSOs. The Cabrillo file should include *all* QSOs that
> were made, be they dupes, incomplete contacts, QSOs with invalid
> parties or whatever.

> Why?
>
> Because this file is not only sent to the contest sponsor but is
> also used (by other software) for example to create QSL data or
> to import the data into a general logbook software.
>
> Please leave the Cabrillo file complete.

Don't agree with that, ADIF format is the de-facto standard format to
export/import into LogBook software or QSL managing.

Cabrillo has been originally defined as ASCII format file for standardize
the robot procedure when contest log are sended to
the Contest commitee.

If another softwares use cabrillo as exchange format their are not a
standard software.

My first suggestion were to don't allow log af INVALID QSO. I usually
writedown on a paper the QSO not Contest related
for logging or QSL purpose.

Obviously the Contest committee will filter the cabrillo log, so your
invalid QSO will not affect your score, is real annoing
have more QSO that the real number, but if no way to delete them we can live
with them.

73 de Fabio I4UFH