[WT-support] WAEDC CW notes from A61AJ

Ben DL6RAI wintest at dl6rai.muc.de
Sat Aug 20 19:55:06 CEST 2005

Laurent,

> > - The QSO count in the summary window is slightly irritating since
> >   QSOs with stations not valid for the contest (DX to DX) are
> >   also displayed here. Please remove them from the summary count.
>
> Without going into pretty technical detailed informations, it's not so
> easy to remove them from the summary count. And I'm afraid we will not
> take the risk, today, to break a very important part of the code for
> these very marginal cases.

I fully understand that. The irritation came up during our A61AJ
operation when we tried to find out how many QTCs were actually
still "on stock".

Normally, when you have made X QSOs and sent Y QTCs the QTCs
available should be X-Y. However, since the QSO count also shows
QSOs not valid for the contest (and not legal to send in a QTC),
this formula is actually X-I-Y, where I is the number of invalid
QSOs. But in the middle of the contest I is not known.

However, this is only a marginal problem and we can live with
that easily, even more so when the QTCs available display will be
fixed. Better not to break anything.

Have a nice weekend!

73 Ben, DL6RAI
--