[WT-support] Some notes after WAE Contest

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Aug 16 21:53:44 CEST 2005

Hi Karel

Karel Karmasin a écrit :

> 1. Station giving only QTC in the log (worked before) is marked as a dupe
> and takeing serial number. Should be listed without serial number.

To be honest, I don't know how the rules will interpret the following,
but you can log a station with serial 000, which might be an answer to that.

> 3. Worth of QSO and MULT in RATE window is not correct, because multiplier
> number is not equal 1, but depends on band (4 on 80 m, 3 on 40m, etc).

Noted. To be checked.

> 4. In a band map already worked station should be marked with other colour
> (to see better, which call is worked, which is a new one and which is a
> multiplier).

They're already displayed in italics. Especially for daltonian people
who have some problems to distinguish some colors. The same idea applies
for most of the windows.

> 5. Second band map for the radio 2, when there is no radio 2, can be used
> for monitoring of another band activity, but it is not possible to define
> second band, is always defined for 15 m band. Should be defined in band map
> menu.

???

Use a "dummy" radio2 (Kenwood usually works very well), and enter the
band you need in radio 2 fields. The Radio 2 bandmap will be usable to
monitor or whatever.