[WT-support] Some notes after WAE Contest

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Aug 16 21:37:01 CEST 2005

Hi Toni

Toni Lindén a écrit :

> - Callsings should go to the bandmap every time when you press
> spacebar etc. (Move cursor to exchange field)

Note this feature is already recorded in the requests of our tracker :

http://flyspray.win-test.com/?do=details&id=48

Be kind enough to check it before any requesting a feature or reporting
a bug.

> - I'd like to have a function that when I tune to the station
> on some qrg and that's allready inserted in bandmap, the callsign
> would appear to callsing field automaticly.

FYI, a Ctrl-Space keystroke inserts the callsign of the spot on the
current freq (if any). I understand ur request is somewhat different,
but it's an additional information which might help in the meantime. Of
course, you can remap this key !

> - The command ctrl + enter makes callsing and all information
> typed to exchange field disappear. I've lost many of Q's
> that way. (In TRLog same command means log without sendin).
> Would it be possible to at least disable that "clear all fields"
> function with ctrl + enter or make it additional?

Already answered by Olivier.

> - It'd be great if sun set / sun rise information could be
> shown more exactly. Exspecially in USA, EU-Russia and Asiatic-
> Russia, VK and maybe some other countries wich have a lot
> of difference in SS/SR times inside their own country.
> Now for example W1 and W6 are shown same SS/SR info. I know
> that I can use greyline map, but I feel exact SS/SR info
> shown in chek cty window very usable if I have to
> make a skeds to low bands.

You can use the

http://download.win-test.com/databases/CTY_WT_MOD.DAT

file instead of the usual CTY.DAT (you will have to rename it). Caution
: This file is not maintained by the Win-Test team. It's maintained by
F5IN. It includes several "regions" (for various countries) coordinates.
Thus SR and SS are more accuratefor these areas.