[WT-support] Some notes after WAE Contest

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sun Aug 14 20:41:08 CEST 2005

Hi,

> - The command ctrl + enter makes callsing and all information
> typed to exchange field disappear. I've lost many of Q's
> that way. (In TRLog same command means log without sendin).
> Would it be possible to at least disable that "clear all fields"
> function with ctrl + enter or make it additional?

Right clic on the band bap, then "Properties". You will get there the
option you are talking about.

> SO2R:
> - If I type something to 2nd radio window, chek call, chek mult
> windows are not updating. I'd like all the windows work
> exactly same way also in 2nd radio window like it's in
> main window.

That could be an option. To be added on the bugtracking system.

> - It'd be great if sun set / sun rise information could be
> shown more exactly. Exspecially in USA, EU-Russia and Asiatic-
> Russia, VK and maybe some other countries wich have a lot
> of difference in SS/SR times inside their own country.
> Now for example W1 and W6 are shown same SS/SR info. I know
> that I can use greyline map, but I feel exact SS/SR info
> shown in chek cty window very usable if I have to
> make a skeds to low bands.
>
> - Would it be possible to add $ command so that some CW message
> would continue with keyboard CW? I think like QSY message,
> wich would be like:
> F6: PSE QSY $KEYB

I don't if this is difficult to implement, but the idea sounds good!

I was also thinking to add the variables $FREQP and $FREQS to send the
current frequency of the primary or secondary radio.

> - For some reason I got many times a Windows error message.
> I have Finnish version of Windows 98SE so I try to translate it
> in english. Something like: definitive error 0E in memory slot
> 0028:C0059D2D
> The screen went blue and text was in white. At the end
> there was "press any key to continue" and after pressing "any"
> key I got back to WT and show went on. I'd disable the
> anti-virus program etc but no success.

We will wait for the report of the other station to know if they had the
same blue screen of death Windows error message.

Olivier / f5mzn