[WT-support] Some notes after WAE Contest

Toni Lindén oh2ua at luukku.com
Sun Aug 14 19:56:03 CEST 2005

Hi folks!

I was playing around again during WAE contest to get familiar
with WT before coming contest season. Some things I found
out:

Band map:
- Callsings should go to the bandmap every time when you press
spacebar etc. (Move cursor to exchange field)
At least I'd like to have all the informations
availabe inserted to band map. Now if I use ctrl + enter I
loose the callsing from call field.

- I'd like to have a function that when I tune to the station
on some qrg and that's allready inserted in bandmap, the callsign
would appear to callsing field automaticly.

- The command ctrl + enter makes callsing and all information
typed to exchange field disappear. I've lost many of Q's
that way. (In TRLog same command means log without sendin).
Would it be possible to at least disable that "clear all fields"
function with ctrl + enter or make it additional?

SO2R:
- If I type something to 2nd radio window, chek call, chek mult
windows are not updating. I'd like all the windows work
exactly same way also in 2nd radio window like it's in
main window.

Other things:
- It'd be great if sun set / sun rise information could be
shown more exactly. Exspecially in USA, EU-Russia and Asiatic-
Russia, VK and maybe some other countries wich have a lot
of difference in SS/SR times inside their own country.
Now for example W1 and W6 are shown same SS/SR info. I know
that I can use greyline map, but I feel exact SS/SR info
shown in chek cty window very usable if I have to
make a skeds to low bands.

- Would it be possible to add $ command so that some CW message
would continue with keyboard CW? I think like QSY message,
wich would be like:
F6: PSE QSY $KEYB
So start of QSY message would come from memory and I'd insert
the asked QSY freq from keyboard

- For some reason I got many times a Windows error message.
I have Finnish version of Windows 98SE so I try to translate it
in english. Something like: definitive error 0E in memory slot
0028:C0059D2D
The screen went blue and text was in white. At the end
there was "press any key to continue" and after pressing "any"
key I got back to WT and show went on. I'd disable the
anti-virus program etc but no success.

73 de Toni

Luukku Plus paketilla pääset eroon tila- ja turvallisuusongelmista.
Hanki Luukku Plus ja helpotat elämääsi. http://www.mtv3.fi/luukku