[WT-support] GPRS connection

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sat Aug 6 16:15:32 CEST 2005

Hi Marcus

Marcus Grampp a écrit :

> I try to configure wintest for the coming WAE and want to use a GPRS-
> connection for the dx-cluster.
> Using the default-broadcast-adress (80.255.255.255 + port 9871) from
> the interface-configuration does not make communicate the wtdx-telnet
> with the program.
> Since it has worked with a regular internet-LAN-connection yesterday I
> would like to know what port is to be used best...

I guess you're using the GPRS to connect the DX cluster only ?

If so, as Win-Test and WtDxCluster are on the same machine (I guess ?)
you must use the broadcast address 127.255.255.255 (port 9871 is usually
OK), in both applications.

You will then have to specify your preferred DX Cluster public IP and
its port in the Options / Dx Cluster properties of WtDxTelnet. Warning :
With some GPRS subscriptions, some ports are closed !