[WT-support] GPRS connection

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sat Aug 6 17:11:34 CEST 2005

Hi Marcus

Marcus Grampp a écrit :

> I tried it with your given IP but it didn't work.
> Wintest gives the message "packet stream timed out" in the lower bar
> under the log-entry
>
> By the way: wtDXTelnet is properly connected to the cluster via GPRS
> and allows spottings, the only thing what I miss is the communication
> with wintest itself.

It really sounds weird !

If you receive spots on wtDxCluster, and if you specified the
127.255.255.255 (port 9871) broadcast IP address on both applications,
it _must_ work   ;-)  Please also check that the Ethernet network is
enabled in the Win-Test Options / Interfaces setup dialog (or use the
SETUP text command).

Keep us informed !

> Another question: starting wintest, the programm loads the log-files but
> there appears a pop-up with "DLPORTIO.SYS device driver not loaded.
> Port I/O have no effect". This comes even when connected via LAN.
> The programm seems to work even with that pop-up-message. I have
> not connected my radio and LPT1-cable to wintest, maybe this is the
> reason for the message. Those connection-tests are planned tomorrow,
> because I am not in the shack right now...

If you're using WinNT, Win2K or WinXP, and as stated in the QuickStart,
  you need this dll to use the various output on the // or the serial ports.

You just have to dl it from here :

http://download.win-test.com/port95nt.exe

and install it once.