[WT-support] win-test in IOTA

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Aug 3 23:40:55 CEST 2005

Hi Stewart !

Stewart Cooper GM4AFF a écrit :

> BTW I was very happy with WinTest in IOTA. Only one thing, which has already
> been mentioned, is checking whether an IOTA ref has been worked - putting in
> a dummy letter into the callsign field does indeed give you an indication of
> which island he is, etc., but why do we need to put in a dummy letter?

In fact, there are two possibilities :

1/ You can enter the IOTA reference (without hyphen) in the callsign
field and hit Shift - F10 (reverse mult check). Results will be
displayed in the CheckPartial wnd.

2/ You enter an irrelevant callsign in the callsign field (a dummy
letter is enough), and the IOTA reference in the appropriate field.
Results will be displayed in the usual F10 wnd. You need to enter a
dummy letter to force WT to search for the IOTA located on the current
line. If the callsign field is empty, the F10 wnd displays results of
the previous line, which makes sense when you enter a QSO and still need
to see the information of the F10 wnd (to ask a QSY or whatever).

73

Larry