[WT-support] EUHF Contest

Simon Pearson lists+1 at attenuate.org
Mon Aug 1 20:11:05 CEST 2005

Hi Fabio,

> It's similar to have or not the spelling check into Word, if not available
> surely someone claim it,
> if you have available you can enable/disable and every users are happy !!

Very true :)

> I think that are these little difference that do one software better than
> another ones !!
>
> Adding these feature could not be too difficult, Oliver and Larry are very
> clever guys !!!

Again, very true :)

Perhaps it could be done with little work, so that if station worked
does not equal EU, it could pop up an error message saying "This
station is outside of Europe! Are you sure you want to log it?",
with yes/no buttons...

That way, you still have a choice to log the station or not, but at
the same time you are alerted and warned that the station is not
Europe.

Of course, the disadvantage with such a sytem is that you wouldn't
know until *after* you have worked the station (and you hit ENTER to
log the station). So, perhaps a better way would be to display a
message just beneath the callsign entry field when hitting
spacebar/tab, e.g.:
        * WARNING: Station is NOT Europe! *

Simon Pearson M0CLW
WWYC #452 | G6PZ CG