[WT-support] Some guestions and suggestions

marko.holmavuo at dnainternet.net marko.holmavuo at dnainternet.net
Mon Aug 1 11:27:27 CEST 2005

Hi,

> Another thing:
> On SSB I understand that in advanced mode Win-Test needs
> PTT on information, from DVK (wich it  won't get with SCK)
> for working in SO2R advanced mode. But on CW the information
> is provided from SW so why advanted mode is not possible
> on CW with SCK. From SCK manual there's command for audio
> swiching as follows:

I discussed this thing with Bernie ZS4TX and he indicated that there are some
solution available how you can get WT to understand when the TX is on in SSB.
Same method is used in N6TR SW and it works well. I didn't remember this one,
so credits to Bernie :)

The solution is, that user should be able to define how long each DVK message
lasts. E.g. DVK1 = 2000ms , DVK2 = 1500 ms, DVK3 = 3500ms and so on. When user
launches this message, WT can count when TX is ON because user has defined the
length of each DVK message. So what is needed, is that WT makes possible to
configure DVK message lengths so that WT knows how long TX is on after
launching the message.

This way advanced SO2R is also possible with other SO2R devices than ez-master.
What is only needed, is RX control information from LPT port, which is already
requested in bugs.win-test.com site.

I will add this external SSB DVK message length configuration to feature
request database.

73 Marko OH4JFN