[WT-support] Some guestions and suggestions

Toni Lindén oh2ua at luukku.com
Mon Aug 1 08:19:02 CEST 2005

I guess I found out the reason for needed "double commands"
with SCK on SSB.

So because there's no PTT on signal coming from DVK (yes, you
were right Oliver ;)) the 1st hit to shift + F-key will activate
the radio B. So after that TX relay will stay for radio B
as long untill I give a command to radio A. Am I right?

So after 1st hit of shift + F-key, my TX is pointed to radio
B and if I send shift + F-key again, message is played in
radio B. And again getting back to my radio I need that 1st
hit to F1 key to change the PTT back to radio A and 2nd F1
will laungh the message.

So the problem might be that for some reason the DVK message is
aborted at 1st command at the same time when PTT is swiched
to 2nd radio.

And I don't need the PTT on information, because the PTT
will stay on with radio that had the latest command from SW.

Another thing:
On SSB I understand that in advanced mode Win-Test needs
PTT on information, from DVK (wich it  won't get with SCK)
for working in SO2R advanced mode. But on CW the information
is provided from SW so why advanted mode is not possible
on CW with SCK. From SCK manual there's command for audio
swiching as follows:

Auto (PC/Logging program Controlled)

This mode allows full control from the PC with the Radio A/B (LPT pin 14) and Stereo (LPT pin 9) signals.  The headphones will follow the A/B signal except when the Stereo signal is active in which case Radio A will be on the left ear and Radio B on the right ear.

The PTT control is also active in this mode and will put both ears on the “inactive” radio when a DVK or CW message is called or sent from the logging program. The PTT signal from the logging program must be enabled for this feature to function properly in the CW mode.

Pin 14 low – Rx A on both ears

Pin 14 high – Rx B on both ears

Pin 14 low, Stereo pin high – Rx A on left ear, Rx B on right ear

Pin 14 high, Stereo pin high – Rx A on left ear, Rx B on right ear

Would it be possible to add manually the DVK message time
in F-keyes like in TR to tell the time to keep the PTT on?
After that most of DVK's would be working OK with WT also
in SO2R mode...
(In TRLog CQ SSB message be would be like:
F1 = DVK 1 DVKDELAY = XXXX ms)

73 de Toni, OH2UA

Luukku Plus paketilla pääset eroon tila- ja turvallisuusongelmista.
Hanki Luukku Plus ja helpotat elämääsi. http://www.mtv3.fi/luukku