[WT-support] Some guestions and suggestions

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Mon Aug 1 09:34:01 CEST 2005

Hi,

> Let me try to clear this a bit more...
>
> I understand that difference between SO2R and SO2R advanced
> mode is audio swiching and possibility to use scenarios. Did I
> get this correctly?

Yes.

> If we look only the function "send DVK message 1 to inactive
> radio (ie radio B)" and we do it by pressing shift and F1
> at the same time, why software needs to know when message ends?

Because of the scenarios. In fact, the software even needs to know when
the Radio A stopped its transmission (if any) before switching to TX to
radio B! With EZMaster, we have all of theses feedbacks, so the software
always know which status the SO2R interface is in. With other
interfaces, all this of stuff is done by the software without any
controls (the hardware must be care on this by itself). It's OK using
the internal keyer in the softwares, but does not work with any external
keyers.

So, as the "SO2R avanced" mode is not supported when using an external
keyer (exception on the EZMaster of course), please don't ask me why it
doesn't work!

Anyway, the "SO2R" mode would exactly feeds your needs: the keys
SHIFT+F1/F2/F3/F4... are working exactly the same way as in advanced
mode, the only difference is the scenarios capability.

Olivier / f5mzn