[WT-support] Re: Additional Items

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Sun Apr 24 17:57:50 CEST 2005

At 11:44 AM 4/24/2005, Olivier F5MZN wrote:

>Barry Merrill wrote:
>
>>1. How do I delete a spot in the Announce Window; I frequently
>>    like to clear off individual spots; WriteLog allows you to
>>    highlight the spot and use the DELETE key to delete.
>
>Did you try a right-clic on the row?
>
>>2. When I type in a call and hit blank and see it is a DUPE,
>>    WT still sends my call; WriteLog inhibits when it's a dupe,
>>    saving me the embarassment of SRI B4!
>
>You can get WT sending "QSOB4" in case of dupe: edit the "INSERT" CW
>message and add the variable $QSOB4 after the $LOGGEDCALL one. In example,
>this is default "INSERT" message:
>
>$LOGGEDCALL $QSOB4 $F2
>
>That way, pressing the INSERT key will first transmit the logged callsign,
>followed by either the report or "QSOB4" if it's a dupe.

I think that this illustrates one of the areas that are difficult to deal
with in a program that doesn't treat S&P and running differently.  For
example, TR Log and N1MM both prevent your calling someone in S&P mode who
would be a dupe.  This has saved me innumerable embarrassments over the
years.  In most contest, it is perfectly OK, and even good practice to
rework someone when you are running, he calls you, and he is already in
your log.  If you are not in his, he gets a good QSO, and you get no
penalty, so everyone wins.

73, Pete N4ZR