[WT-support] Re: Additional Items

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sun Apr 24 17:44:01 CEST 2005

Barry Merrill wrote:

> 1. How do I delete a spot in the Announce Window; I frequently
>    like to clear off individual spots; WriteLog allows you to
>    highlight the spot and use the DELETE key to delete.

Did you try a right-clic on the row?

> 2. When I type in a call and hit blank and see it is a DUPE,
>    WT still sends my call; WriteLog inhibits when it's a dupe,
>    saving me the embarassment of SRI B4!

You can get WT sending "QSOB4" in case of dupe: edit the "INSERT" CW
message and add the variable $QSOB4 after the $LOGGEDCALL one. In
example, this is default "INSERT" message:

$LOGGEDCALL $QSOB4 $F2

That way, pressing the INSERT key will first transmit the logged
callsign, followed by either the report or "QSOB4" if it's a dupe.

> 3. Changing the Displayed Bands in the DX Cluster Announce Window
>    only permits me to check or uncheck a single band, requiring
>    another right click to bring the window back.  (But you're
>    way ahead of WriteLog in letting me pick whatever combination
>    of bands I want!!)
>
> 4. Not sure whose database is involved, but RK9JWV showed zone 20
>    when call typed in, but he sent zone 21 (ITU, in YU test).

I let Larry F6FVY, who is more familiar regarding these questions, reply
to this part of your mail.

Olivier / f5mzn