[WT-support] WT 2.14.0 release - IC756PROII Split Wrong

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sun Apr 17 10:28:17 CEST 2005

Barry Merrill (W5GN) wrote :

> The Bad News.  Starting with:
>
> WT RADIO 1 Window Display:             IC756PROII VFOs:
>
> VFO A 7065   VFO B -----         VFOA 7065,LSB,TX   VFOB 7033,CW
>
> I issued "split 7200", and it caused:
>
> WT Radio 1 Display:                         VFOs:
> VFO A 7200   VFO B 7200          VFOA 7200,LSB      VFOB 7033,CW,TX
>
> The radio did split, VFOB became the TX, but the receive 7065
> frequency in VFO A was changed to 7200, and the VFOB frequency
> and mode were unchanged.

Did you tried this several times? I've been told that Icom radios
sometimes are not interpreting the protocol at 100%. This is probably
why some softwares are sending twice (or even more) the same protocol to
the radio ...

>   (Perhaps it's too much to expect the CW mode to also be changed to
>    LSB by the split command, so it's not unreasonable that I would have
>    to make that mode change on the second VFOI manually on the radio.)

Right, issuing a split mode command does only update the frequencies,
not the modes. This could be added if needed.

Olivier / f5mzn