[WT-support] EZmaster and WT

Olivier Le Cam olecam at f5mzn.org
Fri Apr 15 07:48:10 CEST 2005

Hi -

> Could anybody give me some  advice about running SO2R in advance mode
> with EZmaster.
> I have a weird problem in advance SO2R mode.  Everything else is working
> fine but when I press "*" and change everything to Radio B,  CW msgs
> F1...F7 are transmitted on Radio A even though LED indicator on EZmaster
> showing Radio "B".
> I use USB virtual port for A/B  control  and LPT port for CW/PTT.
> Is there any info about setting DTR and RTS in interface setup for
> communication via USB to EZmaster (currently set to "handshake")?
> I spent many hours trying various combinations  without any result.

As WT uses the "Advanced mode" of the EZMaster, all the communications
are done through the USB cable. No need to connect the LPT one.

In the "Interfaces configuration" window in WT, you should try configure
the virtual USB/COM of the EZMaster driver as "EZMaster" in the "Serial
ports" section. Then configure DTR to "CW" and RTS to "PTT" if you want
to use the internal keyer of WT. This is not necessary if you prefer
using the integrated EZMaster WinKey (then, DTR and RTS *must* be set to
"Always OFF"). That's all you need to get your EZMaster working in full
advanced mode with WT.

Then, in the "EZMaster properties" window, you can enable/disable the
integrated WinKey, configure you radios, TNC, and the matrix profile.

Hope this helps Danny! Don't hesitate to ask if you need more assistance!

Olivier / f5mzn