[WT-support] Sound files

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Oct 6 20:17:43 CEST 2004

Hi Dave

Mm0eax at aol.com a écrit :

>     When using digital voice keying is it possible for the callsigns to
> be "spoken" ie each keyboard letter and number has its own .wav file eg:
> A= alpha.wav S= sierra.wav etc etc...

Not yet.

Not sure it will be coded shortly, because experimentations show that
the computer doesn't "speak" quick enough in a understandable way to
beat a trained operator. Another drawback of using a synthesized voice
is the lack of correlation with the used phonetics by the calling
station : If you hear "Zulu Lima 4 Blue Ocean" and reply "Zulu Lima 4
Bravo Oscar", this will create a confusion in Roy's mind (no offense),
especially if signals are weak.

To be short, it's not on our top priorities list ;-) , but thanks for
your suggestion.