[WT-support] Question on Win-Test and W5XD keyer

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Nov 30 10:05:16 CET 2004

Hi Nick

Tks for ur interest in Win-Test

Nick Lekic a écrit :

> I have a question about W5XD keyer which I own.   I can't seem to be
> able to switch between L and R radios.   The manual says a '*' (hash
> mark) should be used but at least here nothing happens when I try to use
> it.   Same goes if if I try to select it from Commands --> Active Radio
> --> Swap Radios *  menu option.
> The only way I am able to switch between L/R radios is by clicking on
> the Frequency readout on the Radio1 / Radio2 bandmaps.

I don't own a W5XD stuff, but other users do on this list, so they
should be able to help you on this matter. But, when you hit the '*' key
(or use the menu), don't you see a change in the current QSO background ?

> Also.  Is there any way to control cw-to-ptt delay for W5XD PTTs from
> Win-Test?

You can should be able to set it in the Interface setup dialog (Options
/ Interfaces), on the right side. There is a design error : the frame
around this option makes feel that it only works for // ports, but it is
used for any transmitted CW, wherever it comes from. Anyhow, rumors say
that this dialog architecture will change in a very next version ;-)