[WT-support] Some coments

Göran SM4DHF sm4dhf at telia.com
Sun Nov 14 18:30:56 CET 2004

Hi all,
I am a new operator of Win-test but decided to try it in OK/OM-Contest whre I played around
some on single band 20m low power.
It was easy to set up and produced nice CW from my Dell Laptop with WinXP Home
I enjoyed beeing able to convert to both cabrillo and adif which makes it very easy to import the log
into my logging programme.
Some remarks:
I made one mistake of a OK-call but never found out how to change the call and save the new call.
I also had a bad qso, got half a call but he never came back and i had already pressed insert and missed the chance to go back to the call window and clear it
but maybe that is not possible.
I had to enter BADQSO manually in the cabrillo file.

Running CQ and using insert and + is OK in a contest like OK/OM where I have very low running rate,
but it is hard to find the insert and + keys on a laptop in real stress. When you are tired it would be
better if it was possible to re-direct the commands to other keys or even best to use the Enter key for all messages.
Empty call window = CQ
Call in the call window = sends call and exchange and moves curser to received msg
Curser in rcvd msg = sends TU and qrz

This makes it easier to speed up traffic if you are a DX with high rate and also makes it easier when you are tired.

I am impressed with the programme but it can be even better!!

Cu in CQWW CW , I will be CW2A from Uruguay

73 Goran SM4DHF
SA4F-SM4F in contests from Sweden