[WT-support] Zone 5 question CQWW Contest.

f6fvy at free.fr f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Nov 2 21:24:08 CET 2004

Hi John

Selon John Coleman <vk6nu at arach.net.au>:

> Something I noticed during the contest nearly all my Stateside
> contacts that came up as Zone 05 were actually Zone 04. Can anyone explain
> the reason for this?. Is it to do with the callsign allocation or is it
> something in the CTY file. Its not a problem but just wondering why it
> happens or if anyone else noticed it.

By default, WT first guesses zone from the log. If it can't find the callsign in
the log, it looks for it in the provided database (cqww.dtb). If it can't find
it, then it resolves it from the WT_CTY.DAT, then CTY.DAT. As the US stations
are no more allocating callsign number by zones as it was before, the default
is 05. If you want, you can modify yourself the default zones by adding
prefixes, and associated zones in the WT_CTY.DAT or CTY.DAT files, but be
informed that it can be wrong for several thousands callsigns...

73

Larry FY/F6FVY for 1 more day !