[Wrtc] Frequency swap

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sun May 14 00:24:57 CEST 2006

Hi,

> The only caution regarding frequency swap.  It must be possible with
> *different radios*......for instance, F6BEE and I will be using an
> FT1000MP for the run radio and IC756ProII as radio #2.  I suppose this
> implies the swap must be done computer to computer?   I'm not programing
> savvy...but wanted to be sure you considered the case where  different
> radios are in use.

Of course.

> p.s.  I think providing an "internal" call check partitial function for
> just calls logged is great, a CT feature.  Likewise, providing the
> Prefix/ITU zone match would also be very helpful (subject to operator
> confirmation of the zone of course), a feature provided by CT and
> others.  BUT, providing the abbrv/report for HQ stations is generally
> not available from other programs.  It might be considered to be
> "assistance" by the WRTC organizers and disallowed.  Personally I think
> we can all copy and input the HQ station reports....at least the first
> time we work them.

I agree. All of these CT features are working the same way in WT (and
even better for some of 'em). For example, I strongly suggest to set
"Tools | Data Entry | Exchange guessing" to automatic. That way, you
never have to press spacebar anymore except if you want to modify the
guessed zone.

73 de Olivier / f5mzn