[Wrtc] Roadmap v1.0

Tõnno Vähk Tonno.Vahk at lhv.ee
Sat May 13 21:45:32 CEST 2006

thanks for answering to those wishes, guys. my comments:

1. Swap frequency. At first we need only shortcut key. I don't understand your comment that swapping active VFO-s of 2 radios is complex - you already have this feature!!? The other problem besides no shortcut is that the Active Radio changes and I guess in mixed mode the modes may get messed up. Have to test it again.

2. Bandmap all bands. I see the virtue of band map as being able to move to new calls with CTRL + arrows. I think mouseclicks to pick the calls from Announcements window is much worse in contest. That's why it would be very nice to enable all bands. But in longer run this is very needed feature for all SOAB non Assisted contesters anyway and I hope it is easy to do ( selection between current band, all bands)

3. $CR for SSB. Oliver wrote: Record your "thanks" message on F3. Then press + and it will log the QSO and thanks the station.

Well, of course PLUS sends F3 but that is long TU message (usually TU ES5TV) but it is not possible to record just TU under e.g. F6 and add $CR to make short TU message. I found it quite difficult to use ESC last MS contest to stop the message after TU and when you run SOAB you don't listen to your monitor so it is impossible! Short TU is very essential in high rate. But is there a fundamental reason for several commands not working in SSB?

4. POLLING. It also seems to me that the software knows very well when the radio is at TX:) but maybe you meant sth else.. This polling problem concerns SSB only when the polling noise comes into transmitted audio..

73 and wish you strength to deal with all this:)

tonno
es5tv