[Wrtc] Frequency swap

Stavros Tsiakkouris, 5B4AFM 5b4afm at gmail.com
Sat May 13 21:09:33 CEST 2006

Hi,

I would first like to thank Olivier and Larry for trying to implement some
of the WRTC-specific features we are requesting.

Others have already discussed in detail some features that would be very
desirable for WRTC but I would like to focus on one feature we all agree is
high priority - frequency swapping between radios.

Ideally, we would like to be able to execute the following commands:
1. Swap frequency/mode between the main VFO of Radio A and the main VFO of
Radio B.
2. Swap frequency/mode between the sub VFO of Radio B and the main VFO of
Radio A.
3. Right after the frequency swap takes place, provide an option to send the
contents of the F4 ($MYCALL) message. This message should be sent by the
computer that initiates the swap.

In total, 4 different scenarios are possible:
mainVFO(RA) <-> mainVFO(RB) + $MYCALL
mainVFO(RA) <-> mainVFO(RB)
subVFO(RB) <-> mainVFO(RA) + $MYCALL
subVFO(RB) <-> mainVFO(RA)

RA = Radio A (active radio)  connected to Computer A
RB = Radio B (passive radio) connected to Computer B

It would seem reasonable to send the commands that will enable the frequency
swapping over the network. This would overcome the problem of having Radio B
controlled from both computers and the associated polling issues.

73, Stavros 5B4AFM

PS. We plan to use FT-1000MPs during WRTC.