[Wrtc] Roadmap v1.0

Matt IZ3EYZ iz3eyz at virgilio.it
Sat May 13 20:18:40 CEST 2006

Answered below.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Olivier F5MZN" <olecam at f5mzn.org>
To: <wrtc at win-test.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2006 4:32 PM
Subject: [Wrtc] Roadmap v1.0

> Swap frequency
> --------------
> Swap frequency between both VFOs: ok

Do you mean swapping VFOs on the same radio??

A short cut key would be a smart solution!

> Swap frequency of active VFOs between both radios: complex

1) what I 'm aware of.....

ref. "Menu Commands" --> "Swap the frequency on both radios"

1.1) It changes RADIO A (both VFOs) with RADIO B (both VFOs)

1.2) It works on a single PC with both RADIOs connected

2) Further steps:

2.1) Now let's assume RADIO A connected to PC A and RADIO B connected to PC

2.2) Swap both VFOs or at least the main one (VFO A). The main one VFO swap
(RADIO A/VFO A and RADIO B/VFO A) is the really needed thing....at least for
us.

2.2.1 It might be done through the network as you said before (??) (I guess
it's a smarter solution as all teams 'll have a network)

2.3) A short cut key to do this feature (really needed too)

2.4) We gonna use MKV (RADIO A) and K2 (RADIO B) cuz my TM is not able to
bring his MKV.....so are there any possible troubles we might face with
"SWAPPING VFOs" or "PASS FREQ TO VFO B" feature???
I 'm almost sure it should work but I 'd like to know your opinion too
expecially about the "SWAPPING VFOs" feature.

> Bandmap allbands
> ----------------
> See "announcements" window. Need to add a right-click to get the VFO-B
> programmed with frequency.

Fine. Keep the good work and thank you.

> Populating the band map when moving VFO frequency
> Seems possible, but it needs time

If you happen.....but not strictly necessary!

All other stuff are not needed (at least for us)....and we don't have any
interest into.

...just few thoughts:

Reading previous mails it's clear several guys plan to use EZM with win-test
in SO2R advanced mode. In the old days I also thought to use cuz it would
have been a great asset but then it seemed me EZM has several obscure points
and serious troubles that can't be solved within two months only!!!

Working on both EZM and WT I guess it requires extra harder work and lack of
time is the main problem. Moreover Olivier isn't the EZM developer so it
might add some other troubles.

I hope EZM user features won't hurt non-EZM teams ;-))

Not only: some complex features as every last minute job might have some
bugs.....and sometimes simple is better!

73

Matt.EYZ