[WT-support] IC-7610 & RTTY Wintest

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Sep 20 20:03:07 CEST 2021

Please use MMTTY with Win-Test for decoding and FSK transmission.  Win-Test
does not support the Icom internal RTTY decoder.

One USB cable from the IC-7610 to the PC provides everything you need to
operate RTTY with Win-Test:

   1. USB Audio CODEC (sound card) for MMTTY received audio decoding
   2. A virtual serial port for rig control by Win-Test
   3. A second virtual serial port for MMTTY FSK and PTT keying via virtual
   DTR and RTS pins.

MMTTY may be downloaded from https://hamsoft.ca/pages/mmtty.php .  Please
install it.  Then in Win-Test, select *Options | RTTY Configuration* to set
the path to MMTTY.EXE.

Please review these presentations linked from my QRZ.COM page
<https://www.qrz.com/db/n6tv> and repeated below:

   - Everything You Need to Know About USB and Serial Interfaces
   <https://bit.ly/USBserial2021>, updated for 2021
   - Everything You Need to Know About USB and Serial Interfaces
   <https://bit.ly/USBserial2020>, presented at 2020 Dayton CTU via Zoom
      - Watch YouTube recording of this presentation here
      <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEEUpsWUtAA&feature=youtu.be&t=8127>.

In particular see:

   - *Slide 57* (IC-7610 menu setup)
   - *Slides 67-71* (MMTTY setup)

Not shown:  the *SoundCard* tab in MMTTY.  Select the IC-7610 *USB Audio
CODEC* there.

Finally, select *Windows | RTTY (Radio 1)* from the Win-Test menu.

If you can't get it to work, please install TeamViewer (
https://TeamViewer.us), contact me off list, I will help you.

FYI, the same method works with the Elecraft K4 and other rigs with a USB
connector.  See this document
<https://ftp.elecraft.com/K4/Manuals%20Downloads/FSK%20RTTY%20Keying%20via%20USB%20or%20Serial%20Port%20with%20the%20Elecraft%20K4%20Transceiver.pdf>
on the Elecraft K4 Manuals page
<https://elecraft.com/pages/k4-high-performance-direct-sampling-sdr-manuals>