[WT-support] Feature request/suggestion: "auto-spot" in SSB while working S&P

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Sat Nov 6 15:58:30 CET 2021

Hi Chris

Le 06/11/2021 à 15:44, Chris Plumblee a écrit :

> N1MM+ has such a feature which I've never enabled because, on the rare
> occasion that I operate a phone contests, I consistently end up running
> some number of QSOs without correctly entering Run mode in the logger
> because I don't use F-keys to send voice memories in the logging program.
>
> I suspect lots of part-time and reluctant phone ops use a live mic only,
> or an external voicekeyer built into the radio. In that case, the
> logging program has no way of knowing when you enter Run mode because
> you never press F1. So you may end up unintentionally spotting your
> callers on your QRG.

Good point.

Another solution (less "automatic" but also safer) would be to use a (2
or 3 lines) Lua script to send an Alt-F3 key stroke when Return is
pressed in S&P mode. So, the user has just to hit Enter once again to
send the spot, or Esc to dismiss the DX spot dialog. And if the user
forgot to switch back to the RUN mode, this dialog reminds him/her to do so.

All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability
to sit quietly in a room alone.

Blaise Pascal, Pensées