[WT-support] Odp: Re: K3NG Keyer

SQ6MS Maciek sq6ms at o2.pl
Thu Jan 28 09:01:39 CET 2021

Original Arduino boards are having FTDI or compatible but for example 3rd party cheaper clones of Nano are equipped with CH340 USB-Serial interface chip wich comes with it`s own driver.    I didn`t tried that option yet - Bob, thank you for the hint.   Problem is that you always have to remeber to disengage this, because this reset pin cycling is necessary for programming the board. I placed this capacitor toghether with a small jumper in series that i remove when i want to program the board. It`s working like so-called "write protection" :)   Vy73`s de Maciek SQ6MS/F4VSQ Dnia 27 stycznia 2021 21:08 Bob Wilson, N6TV <n6tv at arrl.net> napisał(a):  Does the K3NG keyer present an FTDI USB to Serial adapter to Windows?  If so, there are two settings to change in the Advanced Menu to stop Windows from keying the DTR and RTS pins every time you insert the device.  This applies to ALL FTDI USB-to-Serial adapters.   See this presentation,  slides 26 to 28 , also linked from  www.qrz.com my QRZ.com page :   bit.ly Everything You Need to Know About USB and Serial Interfaces ,  presented at 2020 Dayton CTU via Zoom  Watch YouTube recording of this presentation   www.youtube.com here .  Then maybe you don't need the capacitor?   73,  Bob, N6TV    On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 10:43 AM Maciek SQ6MS <   sq6ms at o2.pl > wrote:  Hi Franck.      I`m glad to hear good news from you. I spend quite some time trying to    solve this as well :) I built probably 5 or more K3NG keyers in    different variants - and with this simple capacitor mod win-key    emulation is working without problem.      Issue is with the USB port. Each time when software is trying to    initialize it (e.g. when you are opening logging program) reset pin is    cycled few times on/off and that is causing initialisation problem.      Don`t forget to remove this capacitor if you want to program the arduino    board again.      --    Vy73`s de Maciek SQ6MS/F4VSQ      W dniu 27/01/2021 o 18:25, Franck pisze:   > Hi Maciek & All,   > This fixed my problem Winkey is now detected.   >   > Thanks & 73 de Franck, F4CIB   >   > ----- Mail original -----   > De: "Maciek SQ6MS" <   sq6ms at o2.pl >   > À:    support at win-test.com   > Envoyé: Mardi 26 Janvier 2021 18:34:46   > Objet: Re: [WT-support] K3NG Keyer   >   > Hi   >   > For Win-Key emulation If you are using Arduino Nano or other board   > (regardless if it`s original or clone) put 10 to 47uF electrolytic   > capacitor between RESET and GND pins.   >   > For regular use this capacitor should always be connected. Disconnect it   > if you want to program (uploading new sketch) the board.   >   > Hope this will help. Good Luck !   >      --    Cet email a fait l'objet d'une analyse antivirus par AVG.    www.avg.com www.avg.com      ______________________________   Support mailing list      support at win-test.com    lists.f5mzn.org lists.f5mzn.org  ______________________________  Support mailing list   support at win-test.com  lists.f5mzn.org lists.f5mzn.org