[WT-support] About Modify standard messages

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Feb 19 19:00:41 CET 2021

Hi Yoshi,

Right Click on the Windows Desktop (an empty area with no shortcuts)
Select *Display Settings*
Is *Scale* set to 100% ?
What is *Display Resolution* set to?

If you pick a different Display Resolution, and set Scale to 100%, does the
problem go away?

This problem could be specifically related to the JA version of Windows 10
and the display of Western characters in the JA font library.

That display is drawn by msflxgrd.ocx, I believe, and there's a very old
version available for download here:

http://download.win-test.com/lib/

but I do not recommend using it.

On my Windows 10 Pro system, I see:

 Directory of C:\Windows\SysWOW64

03/01/2015  12:00 AM           260,880 msflxgrd.ocx

which is newer and larger.  But, it may really be a font issue rather than
a .ocx issue.