[WT-support] McAfee anti virus deleting WT file seen as a virus

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jun 17 18:35:41 CEST 2020

According to this page, unlike other anti-virus software, you cannot
exclude an entire folder like C:\Program Files (x86)\Win-Test\ using
McAfee, only one file at a time:

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/VirusScan/How-to-add-a-folder-as-an-exception-Help/td-p/582225

I suggest uninstalling McAfee and switching to a more functional program
like MalwareBytes:    https://www.malwarebytes.com/

Or just use Windows Defender, which is built-in to Windows 10.  Both
MalwareBytes and Windows Defender allow directory "exclusions" or
"exceptions".

Once installed, add the folder exception, then reinstall Win-Test (full
version).  You may get one more firewall notice as Win-Test connects to
your network but you must click "Allow" on that (only once).