[WT-support] rotors selection

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jul 15 18:16:30 CEST 2020

If there is more than one rotator on a band, but you only want to turn one
of them, there are only two ways to do it through Win-Test.

   1. Use the *Antennas* or *Rotators* tab of the Rotators window (click on
   the little arrow buttons, as documented here
   <https://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows#Rotators>).
   2. Check the "Show Controller" box, right click, on the green rotator
   indicator, then select one of the 30° presets, or select *Other
angle...* and
   enter the direction manually

Obviously, neither of these options is as convenient as clicking on a
callsign or entering a prefix and pressing Ctrl+F12, which works great if
you only have one rotator per band.

It's not so easy to come up with a quick and clean User Interface change
that would provide for easy rotation of a single rotator via prefix or beam
heading, without interrupting the operator with a pop-up message.  The
best I can come up with would be little checkboxes next to each active
rotator in the Rotators window.  Then Ctrl+F12 would only turn the selected
ones.

But, sadly, no one has touched the Win-Test rotator UI code since F5MZN
stopped working on Win-Test, many years ago, to pursue other interests.