[WT-support] two questions...

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Jan 18 10:43:04 CET 2020

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 9:20 AM <wigi at kl0r.com> wrote:

>    1. I am using win-test to log my general DXing… my current log is just
>    a small subset of what I have worked… so from a DX standpoint, I have
>    actually worked quite a bit more than what Win-test tells me I’ve worked,
>    and as such, tells me that common DXCC entities are new countries for me,
>    even though I have worked them (but not in this particular log). Is it
>    possible to re-load old Qs into Win-test… perhaps from your LOTW account,
>    where you can download an ADIF file… Are there reasons I don’t want to do
>    this?
>
> Win-Test is designed for contesting, not general DXing.  You can try to
use DXpedition mode for general DXing.  You *might * be able to use File |
Merge logs to merge you contest logs into your DXpedition log, but it may
not work.  Experiment using backup copies of your .WT4 file.

>    1.
>    2. Here’s something that is a little more practical… I was wishing in
>    NAQP that it would be nice if once you work a station, when you come across
>    that callsign on a different band, that in the SCP and N+1 windows, if that
>    call is unique in SCP that it displays differently in the window. For
>    example, I work W1XXX on 20 meters… and the call is unique in SCP. When I
>    enter W1XXX on 40 meters, instead of showing in SCP and N+1 as green, it
>    shows as reverse green, so I know that I’ve worked the station, but that
>    station is unique in SCP… In my dotage, I make typos… it might be nice to
>    catch a few. Is it something that can be done in a script?
>
> I think you are saying that you want one color used for someone worked on
another band but *not* in the SCP file, and another color for someone
worked that *is* in the SCP file.

Win-Test does not support this, and I don't see a way to do it in a
script.  About the best a script could do is tell you if the callsign in
the logging window is also in master.scp, but you would have to press a key
to start the search.  The answer would be displayed in a Pop-Up window, and
you'd have to press Escape to close it.  So it would work like my
"SearchXDT" script at https://bit.ly/wtscripts.  A few small modifications
to that script would work.  But I don't know if you'd be happy with the
result.