[WT-support] New Contest Template

Nigel G3TXF nigel at g3txf.com
Sun Nov 10 12:44:11 CET 2019

Salut Larry...

I'm always circumspect when the result tables are shorter than the rules.

Super!

73 - Nigel G3TXF

On 10 Nov 2019, at 11:41, Laurent HAAS - F6FVY <f6fvy at free.fr<mailto:f6fvy at free.fr>> wrote:

Hi Andrew

Le 10/11/2019 à 11:33, Andrew Bennett a écrit :

Are there any plans by the Win-test development team to include this contest in Win-test at some future date as I had to use a rival piece of software for the contest and didn’t find it as user friendly as Win-test.

1/ Most of the time, when a contest isn't supported, it's possible to use another one to log the Q. Of course, points, mults etc. won't be correct (the adjudication process will recompute the score anyway), but at least you can enter your Q. In last resort, the DXPed mode is also usable (and export the log in ADIF, text or CSV to convert it in Cabrillo). Be creative ;-)

2/ Adding a new contest to Win-Test is often a tedious task if you want to do it properly. Especially with fussy rules (regarding scoring, bonus, and all that jazz). Which is a kind of specialty of the RSGB contests ;-)

3/ I'm always circumspect when the result tables are shorter than the rules.

In summary, there are a very few chances that this contest will be added in the near future.

Sorry