[WT-support] 3G/4G data usage

Dez Watson g3ww.dez at gmail.com
Sat May 4 15:14:00 CEST 2019

Hi Ian,

You can get an idea of the total amount of RBN data you might receive by
checking the RBN archives:

http://www.reversebeacon.net/raw_data

For instance:

Day 1 of CQWW CW 2018 total filesize of RBN data was 43.6 MB

Day 2 of CQWW CW 2018 total filesize of RBN data was 45.5 MB

I tend to not to have any wired Internet connection (at contest QTH) so
always rely on 3G/4G when contesting;

I tend limit web-browsing and if you really want to throttle back the
data, you can filter the RBN feed which

you receive e.g. the band(s) you are interested in, only spots heard in
your country/zone/continent. There are various

tools and methods to achieve this.

I think the data usage example by Stefan and Andy are what you might
typically expect.

73 GL

Dez, G3WW