[WT-support] Strange problem switching bands with TRX connected by Omnirig and same IF

Alexander Kurpiers a.kurpiers at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 15:18:06 CET 2019

Hi,

I have a strange problem... my transceiver is connected to Win-Test
using Omnirig (it is a IC7100 - but should not matter).

If I change bands in Win-Test, the new band is displayed for a very
short time, then Win-Test switches back to the previous (lower) band.

I'm sure the problem is due to using the same transceiver frequency for
both bands - in my case 146 MHz for 10 and 24 GHz. The frequency offset
is set, so both bands for Win-Test both yield the same frequency
received from Omnirig.

I know it is a corner case, but I want to report nevertheless, maybe
there is a solution.

Obviously it is some kind of race between Omnirig polling and the code
that switches bands and tries to figure out the band based on the
frequency reported by the transceiver.

To add to the confusion: on another band (13/6cm) I have a very similar
setup, but there I use CIV directly (to a IC7400). And there it works...

Currently, the only way to switch to 24 GHz is to turn off polling in
the Win-Test setup. Then the frequency of course is not displayed
anymore in the radio window. Not a huge deal.

73' Alexander DL8AAU