[WT-support] $OPNAME - small bug

John Warburton G4IRN qrz at dxdx.co.uk
Sat Feb 16 10:00:18 CET 2019

Hi Bob

Thanks for getting back. Rather confused by your response I set out to
recreate this again - I believe I have found the reason for what I found.

I think the $OPNAME macro has to be preceded by the associated
$LOGGEDCALL macro - WT uses the logged call-sign as the look-up value in
the .xdt file.

The 'error' use -case is this:

Assuming names file below is loaded in the Extras directory, selected in
Options|Data Files. I'm using a DXpedition file for simplicity.

  * In run mode type G0BNR in the logging line
  * press insert (Insert= $LOGGEDCALL $F2; F2= $OPNAME 5NN)
  * CW sent is as expected ('G0BNR Nigel 5NN')
  * Press Plus to log the QSO (Plus = TU $CR)

  * Switch to S&P mode
  * Type G0AJC (you've just tuned into his CQ)
  * Press F4 (F4=$MYCALL) to call him
  * When he comes back and gives his report, I press $F2 to send his
    name and report
  * CW sends 'G0AJC Nigel 5NN' - i.e. the name of the last $LOGGEDCALL
    sent, not the guy I am working.

So this is working 'as designed' but sends an incorrect name in the
context - I believe this is because $LOGGEDCALL does not get sent in
this S&P scenario; the work-around is to add $LOGGEDCALL to the S&P message.

Thanks

John G4IRN.