[WT-support] Files converter

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Dec 7 18:15:30 CET 2019

Pierre,

I wrote two small Python program to do the conversion, both directions, but
it doesn't use tabs, because that could hide callsigns or exchanges that
are too long for a dtb file.

   1. Download and install Python 2.78 from
   https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-278/  (Use Windows MSI
   installer)
   2. Download https://www.kkn.net/~n6tv/software/dtbtools.zip
   3. Extract the two Python programs to a folder with your files, or a
   directory in your PATH
   4. Use the Windows Command prompt to run the programs:
   dtb2txt.py FileName.dtb

   will create FileName.txt

   txt2dtb FileName.txt

   will create FileName.dtb

More details documented inside the Python source files (open with NotePad).