[WT-support] Databases for OK/OM DX Contest 2018 with WinTest

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Nov 10 19:23:54 CET 2018

Thanks, the link
<http://pga-zawody.pzk.pl/downloads.php?cat_id=31&download_id=208> works
better now.

Do you also have the direct link to a .dtb file for the LZ DX contest
(lzdx.dtb)?  I didn't see it published here recently.

Caution:  the Zip file for the OK/OM DX Contest currently contains a file
named DEFAULT.SCP, which seems to be a copy of the latest MASTER.SCP, but
with some new OK/OM calls added.  A file named DEFAULT.SCP will override
the check partial database used for all contests, so it could cause
confusion in future contests as it will become out of date.

Instead, I recommend renaming your custom SCP file as two files named:

OKOM_DX_DX.SCP
OKOM_DX_OKOM.SCP

Which will only be used for the OK/OM DX Contest contest, as described here:

http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Check_Partial_and_Np1_Files

Then, CQ WW CW and others will still use MASTER.SCP.

One can easily find out which check partial file Win-Test is using by right
clicking on the Check Partial window, and selecting "Used files list ...".
Unfortunately, there's no easy way to determine which .dtb file is used for
prefills, other than to run File | Update database and check the file
timestamps to see which file was updated, or see if it is in this list
<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Database_Files>.

For the LZ DX Contest, I expected that File } Update database would create
lzdx.dtb, but instead it updated hf.dtb, with no exchange data.  Once the
lzdx.dtb file exists, File | Update database works as expected, replacing
the exchange data with data from your log (it doesn't download a new file).