[WT-support] Elecraft K3/K3S slow bandmap

Stefan von Baltz, DL1IAO dl1iao at contesting.com
Tue May 8 13:15:19 CEST 2018

Here is a question for Elecraft users:

Compared to ICOM rigs, no matter if older or newer models (tested with IC7400/756Pro3/7600/7851), the bandmap follows quite a bit slower and more unevenly. WT is connected to my K3S via USB and 38400 baud. The behaviour is exactly the same with another PC and K3 which has the original RS232 interface. It is also the same at the SK3W M/M station with their K3s. With the ICOMs the bandmap follows almost instantly when turning the main VFO. I have tried various baud rates but do not see any difference. WT plus radio control work flawlessly otherwise.

This is not much of an operational issue as most operating is point & click nowadays. But I still wonder if there is a fix.

73,

Stefan DL1IAO, SA3CWW/SM9A

--
Stefan v. Baltz