[WT-support] WT and ts590sg

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Mar 25 23:26:45 CEST 2018

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 1:49 PM, NOEL POULIN <ve2fww at globetrotter.net>
wrote:

> I am trying to configure WT to talk to a KENWOOD TS590SG.
> In the menu(67) of the ts590sg, the com port baudrate is default 9600
> bauds.8 data bits,1 stop bit and no parity...
> It is not working....
> What did I miss in there....????

Can't tell, not enough data, no screen shots.

I told WT my radio was ALL KENWOOD

Did you select the right COM port in Win-Test for Radio 1?  Did you click,
Click Configure, then click the "Use Kenwood(HF) Defaults" button?  It sets
4800,N,8,2 by default.  You may need to change this to match your radio:
9600,N,8,1.

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018 at 2:21 PM, <f6bee at free.fr> wrote:

> Set both DTR and RTS "always high".  If not available with your USB -
> serial converter (if any), do it in hardware in the DB9 connector.

This is also a good suggestion.  Some USB-to-Serial adapters use these pins
for power.

Check the Windows Device Manager.  Expand Ports, right click on the COM
port, Properties, check the DRIVER type.  If Prolific, stop.  No good.  It
may work for a little while, but probably won't work reliably for an entire
contest.  Even if FTDI, it may still not work if a Prolific USB-to-Serial
adapter driver is still installed on the system, even if it's not connected.