[WT-support] wt and win7
Bob Wilson, N6TV
n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Mar 17 20:27:14 CET 2018
Congrats. That's very surprising.
Again, if you ever connected any Prolific USB-to-Serial adapters into these
computers, they can cause problems and interfere with other device drivers,
even when the adapter is disconnected. All Prolific USB-to-Serial device
drivers should be uninstalled after unplugging the adapters. You can use
USBDEVIEW to do that, or you can do it with Windows:
1. One time only: Set the Windows System Environment Variable:
(See this link
for screen shots showing how to do that)
2. Open Windows Device Manager (run devmgmt.msc)
3. Select *View* | *Show Hidden Devices*
4. Expand *Ports*
5. *Right click* on each grayed-out and unused COM port and select
6. If you've reached the last unused device supported by a Prolific
USB-to-Serial adapter, check the box *Delete the driver software for
this device* and click *Uninstall*, otherwise, don't check the box until
you uninstall the last device.
On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 12:10 PM, NOEL POULIN <ve2fww at globetrotter.net>
> Hi Bob
> Got it now.....
> I reinstalled the drivers for the pci serial ports...now...WT is working
> as it should be...
> Support mailing list
> support at win-test.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Support