[WT-support] using LPT1 band data info on a USB to parallel adapter

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Jun 22 08:54:47 CEST 2018

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 5:43 PM, VE2TZT <ve2tzt at rac.ca> wrote:

> It was just trying to find an idea to get the ABCD band data info
> bypassing the ICOM system.
>
> I have a K3 so no problem on my side but my team mate has an IC7610.

Gilles,

I'm not sure what you mean by "bypassing the Icom system".

If you want to automatically select the correct bandpass filter when using
an IC-7610, the Elecraft KRC2 can use the Band Voltage (0 to 8V) available
on pin 4 of the IC-7610 ACC2 connector to select the appropriate bandpass
filter.  There may be other devices that can do the same, perhaps by
monitoring the CI-V communications, which is what SPE, Elecraft, and ACOM
amplifiers do.

Perhaps you can ask a question on the IC-7610 Group:  How do you
automatically select external bandpass filters when using an IC-7610?

https://groups.io/g/ic-7610/

GL.